Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The HSS Book Club

There are roughly 10 weeks until training camp starts, and since virtually nothing will happen in the interim (save a few arrests, no doubt), this seems like as good a time as any to break out the second annual HSS Book Club. Last year's post is here, and this year, sadly, I don't have much to add. I bought a bunch of books, but -- and it's extremely embarrassing even writing this -- I haven't read one cover to cover in the last 12 months.

For what it's worth, I do have subscriptions to The New Yorker and Atlantic Monthly. (that counts for something, right? No? moving on...) Although I'm considering canceling the Monthly solely because Gregg Easterbrook writes about the environment in the latest issues. Way to blow your credibility, AM.

Anyway, I'll open it up to you, dear readers, and maybe I'll post all the books I've purchased in the last year.