Monday, September 25, 2006

You Want Want It, You Got It

Because I aim to please, here's your picture ...

And if you're wondering why Cowher has the long face, Dale Lolley offers some hints. (You know, just in case you were visiting Mars this weekend, or something.)

Seriously, I don't want to sound too down on Cowher. He effed up. It's certainly not the first time. And like I've said countless times before, he's at getting guys pscyhed up, but he's not necessarily good at the Xs and Os part of the job:
Personally, I don't think Cowher's a great tactician, and I've said that before (In fact, he seems to make a lot of puzzling in-game decisions). But I do think he's a great motivator, and does a really good job of preparing his teams over the course of a season. He gets into trouble when he starts winging it mid-game (hello random onside kicks, or overruling play calls). I'm all for him yelling, "Let's go! Let's GO!," all game long while Whisenhunt and LeBeau take care of little details like play-calling.
Billy McMoustache. God, I crack myself up.