Saturday, September 09, 2006

Wild and Crazy Picks

Two things. First, Elan asks a good question in the comments:
Ryan, this is a joke, right? (From FO.com) "The Colts finally get over the hump. Well, they at least win the AFC Conference championship, anyway. Thanks to a little-known off-season rules change that requires every league game to be played in the RCA Dome and the PA announcer to pipe in crowd noise when the opposing offense is on the field, Indy makes quick work of the Patriots and Steelers. Finally." Based on the third sentence, I'm guessing it's a joke, but you can never tell on the internet.
He's referring to my 2006 Predictions over on Football Outsiders. And that's right, I think the Colts will win the AFC. Okay, not really. I mean, kinda. Here's the thing, I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts made it to the Super Bowl, but I'll be pulling for Pittsburgh to just win every game and remove all the drama. Since I'm a Steelers fan, I don't like to pick them because, well, it makes me look like a homer and then I would lose all my credibility. (end sarcasm.) So take that for what it's worth.

Number 2: What about that Najeh Davenport signing? Get your poop-related jokes here. Seriously, it'll be interesting to see how this works out. Dookie D put up some pretty good numbers in limited duty until he broke his ankle last season. The real question will be how well he returns to form after the injury. Duce, the writing could be on the wall ... in poop.