Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Couple of Things

... Steeler Bill reminded me about Mr. Carter's ride -- the one he gets around town in when his ice cream truck covered in skulls is in the shop.

... Israel points out that Santonio Holmes and Quincy Morgan are roomies in training camp and wonders if that's a bad sign for Sean Morey and maybe even Nate Washington. I think anybody having a good camp -- even the trainers -- is bad news for Morey. Washington, on the other hand, has been the second best wideout at camp so far. He rocked the run test and has busted out two solid performances so far this week. Given Holmes's, ahem, uneven off-season, it's good to see another young player stepping up.

... By the way, thanks for all the question suggestions. In all honesty, I'm not even sure I'll end up asking any of them and not because they might get me killed, but because there's some probability that I might get lost on the way to Latrobe. And I'm only half-kidding. Anyway, I'll be there tomorrow so hopefully I'll have something for you either Wednesday night or Thursday at some point. Unless Tyrone Carter kicks my ass. Then I'm not so sure when I'll be able to post again.