Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco de Mayo!

I'm stealing Randy's idea because, well, it's a good one and we still have about a week and a half to go before PFP 2006 is officially in the, uh, books. So here's goes:

... Who will the Steelers cut before the regular season? People with no knowledge of football could hazard a Lee Mays guess and have a good shot at being correct. Apparently the front office is willing to give fifth-rounder Charles Davis some time to become a better blocker but if he turns out to be a dud, I could very easily see him going on the scrap heap next to Fred Gibson and Nathaniel Adibi. With the addition of Anthony Smith, Mike Logan's probably also out because there's absolutely no way in hell anybody would be stupid enough to tell Tyrone Carter he's just been released. In the back of my mind, I'm also wondering if Quincy Morgan is slow to return from his ankle injury and the other young wideouts progress nicely in training camp, if he could be the odd man out? And if Willie Colon can't beat out Barrett Brooks, then he should be arrested for impersonating a football player.

... Does anybody wish the Steelers had opted for Brad Gradkowski over Omar Jacobs with the fifth-round pick? Personally, I don't care as long as Jacobs is willing to be the backup. But some people liked Gradkowski's poise and experience.

... Finally -- and this is something I've been thinking about for a while -- what are the best all-time sitcom intros? I watch way too much TV Land and I've come up with my top-5 (in random order, of course):
1. Good Times
2. Sanford & Son
3. Taxi
4. Cheers
5. What’s Happening?
And Honorable Mention goes to Threes Company.

Okay, here's to hoping things calm down work-wise the next few days. Have at it.