Friday, May 26, 2006

Blah, blah, blah

Okay, new quiz today -- this one's on "entertainment news," my forte ... or so I thought. I got a 50%.

... I'm sad to report that GlennW's attendance at Wednesday night's Red Sox - Yankees game did nothing to change the fact that Matt Clement is awful. He's pitching so poorly right now I actually forgot how crappy Randy Johnson is. And yes, I know, I know, Clement was hurt for most of the game. But that was because he allowed Bernie Williams to hit a line drive off his ankle. Bernie friggin' Williams. There is good new for Clement, however. Tonight, David Wells takes the mound and I'm predicting the following line: 2.1 IP, 27 H, 9 R, 9 ER, 0 W, 0 K. And then he'll promptly retire during his walk from the mound to the showers. It'll probably happen sometime around 8:00 - 8:15 PM EST, so look out for that.

... Not much going on Steelers-wise, but I found this on the Steel City Insider message board from a Steelers fan living in Seattle:
"...I'm a Steeler fan in Seattle and Jim Wexell will be on with Softy on KJR AM 950. Here is the link..."
Apparently "Softy" hosts a sports-talk radio show and I'm not sure if that is his real name or not. Either way, I'm guessing there'll be some discussion of this here column. Wexell says he'll be on around 3 PM EST so if you're looking to kill some time on a Friday afternoon, there it is.