Friday, January 06, 2006

A Loser Picking Winners, Week 18

OK, I was all set to talk about Sunday's game, but I got a little busy at work, so this'll be short. Still, I want to clarify a comment I made earlier this week. I said I really didn't care what T.J. Houshmandzadeh did with the Terrible Towel after the Pittsburgh loss on Dec. 4. Well, I changed my mind after reading this article. (Honestly, I really don't think I care about this, but I'm trying to give myself some bulletin board material.)

Seriously, is there anything sadder than watching this guy trying to pick up Chad Johnson's "doing outrageous stuff to get some pub" sloppy seconds? T.J. is about as likeable as J.J. Redick at a Tar Heel pep rally. Anyway, in addition to the Tribune-Review article I linked to above, I also found this in the New York Times. (You'll probably have to click on the image -- maybe a couple of times -- to read the text.)

And yes, I have way too much time on my hands (but apparently not enough time to actually write something meaningful about Sunday's game). But to be fair, I think this might be some of my best work ... and just in case you're drunk, really slow, or both, yes, I doctored the NYT homepage with the sole purpose of making fun of Houshmandzadeh, who apparently is a douchebag. Nothing in this image is actually from the New York Times -- I made it all up (I can't even believe I'm typing this, but rest assured that if I didn't, I'd get an email from some incredulous nitwit wondering what the hell was going on, who Buck Laughlin and Ickey Woods were, and why they were writing unfair columns on Houshmandzadeh).

There, I feel a lot better. Lost in all this silliness is the fact that I finished the regular season 10-6 and ended up losing just a shade under four grand. Not bad. Not bad at all. Anyway, here are the Wild Card picks (and who knows, maybe I'll try to actually have something interesting up either Friday night or Saturday, and it might even pertain to the game) :
AWAY HOME  LINE   PICK
WAS TB -2.5 TB
JAX NE -7.5 JAX
CAR NYG -2.5 CAR
PIT CIN 2.5 PIT
Season: 112 - 138 - 6
Last week: 10 - 6
Earnings to date: - $3980

Week 1 picks Week 10 picks
Week 2 picks Week 11 picks
Week 3 picks Week 12 picks
Week 4 picks Week 13 picks
Week 5 picks Week 14 picks
Week 6 picks Week 15 picks
Week 7 picks Week 16 picks
Week 8 picks Week 17 picks
Week 9 picks