Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Casting Call



In the comments, Randy mentioned the all-time best sports movies and vabstanggt added this:
I just gotta wonder when someone is going to make a movie out of the Steelers' 05 season. From week 3 on it looks like a movie script. Who loses their starting QB, then goes to the brink of elimination, only to come back and win the championship? Even "Friday Night Lights" isn't that good. Oh, and who would you have play the Steelers in such a movie?
Which, of course, got me to thinking...

So, if I'm the casting director for the Steelers '05 movie, who am I going with? Well, I'll get things started:

Ben Roethlisberger: Tom Berenger, Treat Williams.
Either one of these guys will do. Both are so over the top that the unintentional comedy will be off the charts. If they're not available (yeah, right), I wouldn't mind seeing Burt Reynolds in this role.

Jerome Bettis: Kenan Thompson.
Again, think over the top. Plus, he rocked in "Kenan and Kel" on Nickelodeon and he's worked with NFL players before.

Chidi Iwuoma: Gary Coleman.
The thought of Arnold Jackson playing on special teams makes me laugh.

Bill Cowher: Jesse Ventura. If you can govern the state of Minnesota, you can coach the Steelers on the big screen. And probably in real life too.

Aaron Smith: Andre the Giant (R.I.P.). Come on, tell me you don't see the resemblance. (And the little guy in the Andre photo, that's definitely Sean Morey.)

Okay, feel free to fill out the rest of the cast. Or don't. Your choice.