Sunday, January 07, 2007

Jets-Eagles Game Thread

Thanks, Tony Romo. Thanks a lot. I don't want to say any more about how that game ended because I'm quite certain Romo will have enough to deal with this off-season and I don't want to be lumped in with the Michael Irvin's of the world.

(By the way, I watched "The Longest Yard" re-make Friday -- don't ask -- and it wasn't as dreadful as I expected. It wasn't great ... but not "The Stupids" awful, either. I did find it particularly amusing that Irvin played the role of convict like, well, he was drawing on experience.)

Alright, since yesterday's Non-Steelers Game Thread was such a success, I figure I might as well start another one for today's games.

Two highlights from yesterday's comments:

Adam gets props for the comment of the day ... and it would've been a lot funnier if Romo didn't hate him enough to throw the game:
Mike Holmgren at the annual Seahawks celebrate the loser rally: "I didn't know we'd have to be playing against Miles Austin as well!"
And naguszed offers this advice for your next Yuengling purchase:
I noticed a change in the Lager in 2000 after Yuengling started brewing alot of its beer in the old Strohs facility in FLA. The difference could be from the water or the truck ride, or mabye some old Strohs microbes in the environment.

It was possible to tell where the case was brewed by the stamp on the box. The crisp, neat, bitmapped numbers meant the brew was from the new florida plant, and you should move on.

If the casebox had grungy, smeared numbers, then you had the good stuff from Pottstown.
And this, from SteelTom this morning:
Peter King reported at halftime that he talked to Dan Rooney and that the leading candidates might be Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm.

Mike Florio, who posed as King's "secretary" to gain access to St. Vincent last summer, has confirmed this report.
Sounds good to me (Whisenhunt or Grimm getting the job, not Florio serving as King's secretary).

Remember, the more you know...