Thursday, December 21, 2006

Playoffs?!? Playoffs!?! (Nerd Alert Edition)

Yes, I know, I haven't really written anything in a while, but ... well, I don't have a good excuse. I have a bunch of other stuff going on (not the least of which is my real job), so I'll blame it on that.

In the meantime, Glenn gets all boolean on the Steelers' playoffs chances. The nerds know what I'm talkin' 'bout. (Yep, nothing's quite as embarrassing as trying to talk "hip nerd".)

Enjoy:
PIT advancement (at 9-7) requires elimination of FIVE of SIX teams with the following requirements. TEN advancement in a three-way tie between TEN-PIT-NYJ is assumed based on a 95%+ probability of such via strength-of-victory tie-breaker.

CIN
---
DEN > CIN

DEN
---
(CIN > DEN and (SF > DEN or (KC > OAK and KC > JAC))) or
(DEN > CIN and SF > DEN and KC > OAK and KC > JAC)
(KC blocks DEN)

JAC
---
(NE > JAC and KC > JAC) or
(NE > JAC or KC > JAC) and (TEN > BUF and TEN > NE) and
((MIA > NYJ and OAK > NYJ) or (NYJ > MIA and NYJ > OAK))
(TEN blocks JAC but is not promoted via TEN-PIT-NYJ tie)

NYJ
---
MIA > NYJ or OAK > NYJ

BUF
---
(TEN > BUF or BAL > BUF) or
(NYJ > MIA and OAK > NYJ)
(NYJ blocks BUF)

TEN
---
(BUF > TEN or NE > TEN) or
(MIA > NYJ and OAK > NYJ) or (NYJ > MIA and NYJ > OAK)
(TEN is not promoted via TEN-PIT-NYJ tie)