Wednesday, June 28, 2006

On a Roll

Just like the Red Sox -- or the Pirates, depending on your perspective -- I'm on a roll. Anyway, just a couple of things, none of which have anything to do with the Steelers.

... This is awful. Peter Gammons had an aneurysm yesterday morning and is in intensive care. I heard Jerry Remy mention is last night during the telecast and I was shocked. For all the idiocy that is ESPN, they got it right with Gammons. I pray that he makes a full recovery, and not just for the obvious reasons. Anything to keep the Sutcliffe/Brantley/Kruk's of the world from actually making people dumber after listening to them should be reason enough.

... Jon Lester won his third game in a row last night and here's what makes him different than Matt Clement: even when he doesn't have his best stuff, he's able to get people out. Twice -- once in the 4th and once in the 5th -- Lester was able to wiggle out of bases loaded jams. In the 5th, he struck out David Wright on a 3-2 curveball -- after a 10-pitch at bat. Clement? He would've just walked eight guys in a row and then taken himself out of the game because of a "tired arm." Can you tell I'm bitter? It could be worse, I guess. I mean, I could be these guys.

... More YouTube fun. I mentioned this yesterday, but I laugh every time I see it. naguszed includes a link to the scariest man on earth knocking the crap out of a guy who outweighs him by 40 pounds. And finally, this is what happens when you don't fill out your TPS report correctly.