Friday, June 02, 2006

Offseason Rou... Just Kidding

Yeah, yeah, I get it, but I still haven't gotten around to the latest OFR. In the meantime, a couple of things:

... Willy Buns had a good column on exactly what happened to Gilbert Arenas last weekend. He too was in Miami Beach, seemingly minding his own business, when he got cuffed and stuffed.

... This is, far and away, the dumbest column I've ever read. Not in a Skip Bayless mean, vindictive way, but in a truly worthless, waste-of-time way. I grew up watching and playing soccer back when the US team really sucked. Remember David Vanole and Bruce Murray? Those guys were on the national team when I first started following them back in the late '80s. (Thank god I wasn't aware there was a team when Rick Davis was shanking balls all over the field.) Anyway, I'd pay a lot of money to watch an average college team play this collection of "great athletes." I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a final score of 18-0. And don't be surprised if a couple of goals look like this.

... And oh yeah, back to the news quiz this week. I got an 80%. I sometimes forget how smart I really think I am.