Thursday, June 15, 2006

Links from around the Internets

... Matt Clement is dead to me. He is unequivocally the worst pitcher in the American League. I have never seen a guy project less confidence on the mound that Clement. Luckily, he has an excuse: his arm is tired. Or some such crap. Look, Clement seems like the nicest guy in the world, but for the love of God, please (please, please, PLEASE!) throw an occasional strike. In Wednesday night's drubbing against the Twins, he walked six guys in 4 and 2/3 innings. With no strikeouts. The good news is that he makes 9 million bucks a year. AAAAAAARH! (Can you tell I'm frustrated?)

OK, now that I've got that out of my system...

... I was actually thinking something along these lines after I found out Big Ben would be alright ... you know, just to give Skip Bayless something to yell about.

Speaking of Skip Bayless, this is my new all-time favorite image. I meant to point it out a while back, when Bayless actually wrote some column about being dumb and dumber (and apparently it wasn't about his on-again, off-again love affair with his partner in idiocy, Jason Whitlock). Well, I forgot, but better late than never, I always say. Either way, enjoy.

... Speaking of really stupid people writing really stupid stuff, John emailed me this CPW-worthy link. I don't know who Chris Baldwin is, but he sure doesn't lack for unoriginality. Solid work, douchebag.

... Chris Henry, the gift that keeps on giving. Maybe Chris Baldwin will write a column about how Henry likes to get arrested a lot, although I'm not sure if that's obvious enough for him.

And as long as I'm making fun of the Bengals, watch this. My favorite part -- other than the fact that JD, the guy who runs Bengals Stripes, describes it as "awesome" -- are the lines:

We say 'Who Dey'
They say 'We Dey'
We say 'No Way, Not Again'


You really have to see this to appreciate it however. And yes, I'm definitely getting a tee shirt with these lyrics on the front. Which reminds me ...

Here is possibly the most unbelievable story of the week. Screech -- yep, that one -- needs money to save his house. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse for this guy ... it does.

... In other AFC North news-not-related-to-motorcycles-or-getting-arrested, this story is nothing short of shocking.

... Equally as shocking, the Steelers cut Farrior. OK, it was Matt Farrior, Potsie's brother.

... Here's an interview Jim Wexell did with Pittsburgh fan site, Steelers Fever.

... Finally, it's sports quiz time: I got a whopping 50%, which sadly, is an improvement from last week.