Monday, January 30, 2006

Talk Amongst Yourselves

I'm working on some stuff for tomorrow, so there's nothing to see here today. And in case you're wondering, I have every intention of talking about UNC's big win over Arizona, even if nobody reading it cares (at this point, I'll be writing it as a general matter of principle). I'll also have some -- you guessed it -- Steelers thoughts. And don't be afraid to discuss something interesting in the comments -- it's really hard coming up with stuff to write about when there's 13 days between games. With that, go forth and wreak havoc.

And one more thing: does anybody think it's bad luck to order this before the conclusion of Sunday's game? I've gone back and forth on whether to get it early, but as a former PG subscriber, I remember quite well how often the paper wouldn't get delivered. Or better yet, get delivered a day late. Nothing like day old news. So on the one hand, the earlier I order, the more likely I am to actually get the paper before Flag Day. On the other hand, I recall the Red Sox painting the 2003 World Series logo behind homeplate at Fenway Park before they had actually wrapped up the ALCS against the Yankees and, yeah, that didn't turn out so well.