Monday, November 28, 2005

Waiting for Tuesday Night, Part III

OK, you know the Monday night routine. Since this Colts - Steelers thing won't end until sometime early tomorrow morning, and I gotsta pay da bills (urban dictionary translation: go to work), I won't be posting anything until tomorrow night at the earliest. In the meantime, feel free to leave comments on the game. Two things: (1) I just heard on the internets that Verron Haynes ain't dressing (along with Chris Hoke, Andre Frazier, Willie Williams, Chris Kemoeatu and Charlie Batch); instead, the Steelers are going with Duce, Jerome and Willie. My first reaction is that I'd prefer Verron to be in there, but I understand the reasoning. I think. (2) Aaron Schatz had this interesting bit in today's FOXSports Quick Reads:
Monday Night Trend to Watch

Readers of the Tuesday power rankings know that our DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average) metric ranks Denver, not Indianapolis, as the top team in the NFL right now, with Pittsburgh down at No. 7. If we were to only count the six games started by Ben Roethlisberger, however, Pittsburgh's offensive rating would move from 12th to sixth. That would raise Pittsburgh's overall rating all the way up to second place, in between the Broncos and Colts.
I'll take anything I can get right now.