Friday, June 17, 2005

Hey, I Wrote A Book

OK, not exactly. Pro Football Prospectus 2005 has almost 500 pages and I think I'm responsible for maybe five of them (surprisingly, I wrote the AFC North chapters, as well as some stats-related articles on how the Steelers will do without Plaxico Burress, and what effect, if any, the bye week has on teams that get a week off).

In all seriousness, Aaron Schatz was the driving force behind the book with the help of everyone at the Football Outsiders. Pro Football Prospectus 2005 is coming out later this summer (late July or early August), but it's already available for pre-sale at Amazon. And if you're dying for a look-see you can go here.

If you like football stats or are a hardcore fantasy football nerd, this book is great. Plus, since my contract explicity states that I'll get 0.45 cents for every copy sold, if everyone who visits this site per day buys just one copy, that'll put an extra 4.5 cents in my pocket -- and that's the difference between Ramen Noodles and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. Now if everyone who visits this site per day buys 10 copies, I'll be able to buy the Washington Post for a day. Just think about it.