Thursday, April 07, 2005

Your Day Job

Other than all the excitement surrounding the Cedrick Wilson signing last month, and the anticipation building about who Pittsburgh will select with their 30th pick in the draft, there hasn't been much Steelers news to talk about ... until now. I came across this little nugget the other day and it's pretty funny:
Hello everybody ... How is everyone doing today?

[...]

Today is Monday, and we started some of our off season workouts. There were about 30 guys there today and we had 2 "schools" as we call them ... quick feet school and speed school ... we also lifted today ... it was great to see some of my teammates that I haven't seen in a while. We didn't throw today because of the running, but we will get out there tomorrow and throw around for a little while.

[...]

Well, I am about to take my dog outside. I think he has to go to the bathroom, and I just cleaned my house so I don't want him to go in the house. He's getting a lot bigger and I hope (fingers crossed) that he's finally become house broken.

He just got back from the vet the other day because he hurt his elbow while playing a little too rough with my parents' dog. But I think he will be OK, I figure if I get beat up and can still walk he can also.

Well everyone have a great day and I look forward to talking to you all soon ... question of the day: What is my dog's name?
This is a post from Ben Roethlisberger's blog, and it might be the funniest thing I've read since Jose Canseco called A-Rod a phony. The football stuff was interesting enough, but it pales in comparison to the talk about his dog, dog poo, dog elbows (dogs have elbows?), dog fights, and dog names.

Honestly, it's cool that Roethlisberger has a blog and makes a real effort to keep in touch with his peeps, but I don't think he should give up football for a writing career anytime soon.

***
Speaking of day jobs, what's up with Mariano Rivera? I had my finger hovering over the Edgar Renteria Panic Button when a couple of things happened: Renteria got two hits (and two RBI), and Rivera blew his second consecutive save against the Red Sox and made me all but forget about Renteria's problems.

Of course A-Rod committing an error on a double-play that would've ended the game doesn't help either, but Rivera still walked three people and gave up three hits. Either way, I'm sure all the yelling and screaming from The George has Cashman running around the office Costanza-style.