Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Rookie QBs, wins, and the playoffs 2



Last Tuesday I wrote about what rookie QBs can expect in terms of wins and losses. What I found was that not only does lack of experience determine success, but perhaps what's more important is how the team performed in the seasons prior to the rookie taking over.

Well, I did a little more work on that post (I specifically compared Ben Roethlisberger and Carson Palmer) and it's now up at Football Outsiders. I was surprised however, to find that there was also a link to the article on ESPN's Page 2 (scroll down to Ben Roethlisberger -- it's the "Conventional wisdom says playing a rookie..." link). Aaron Schatz, who started Football Outsiders, also does the quarterback ratings every Monday for Page 2, so that's the connection. Either way, other than my brief appearance on "America's Most Wanted," it's the most publicity I've gotten recently -- and I'll take it.