Sunday, October 17, 2004

Life on Mars



Here are two very weird quotes -- one from Roy Williams last Friday, and the other from Rashad McCants in today's Raleigh News & Observer. I'm not exactly sure what to make of the former, but the latter makes me wonder if we're going to soon see Rashad and Manny reunited on Maury Povich's "Long Lost Martian Brothers Find Each Other -- Finally" episode.

Anyway, here's Roy's quote:

"I'm still sitting here talking about playing as a team, and we've got a bunch of individuals, and that kind of thing, then two things have happened: I'm not doing a very good job, and one of the reasons I'm not doing a very good job is I should have run somebody off."

- Roy Williams
I have no idea what to make of this. My intial thought was that (like everyone else), he must be talking about Rashad. But I was willing to overlook it since practice hadn't even started.

Well, in today's paper, I see that Rashad made the following comments to a local TV station:

"You're not allowed to do certain things...You're not allowed to say certain things, but once you get out of jail, you're free. [I'm] in my sentence and I'm doing my time."

- Rashad McCants, equating playing at UNC to being in jail.
I have no idea what to make of this. But it does nothing but reassure me that Williams was most definitely referring to Rashad in his quote above. Now I need one of those mind erasers from M.I.B. so I can forget I even read this dopey stuff.