Sunday, December 20, 2009

MIKE WALLACE

At no point in this game did I ever stop and think: "You know, there's a chance the defense gets a stop here." Aaron Rodgers is too good and -- I'll admit it now -- this defense, without Troy, is an abomination.

And let me go on record thusly regarding the late-fourth quarter onside kick: I had no problem with it. Obviously, I would have preferred Ike Taylor wait till the ball traveled 10 yards, but more than that, with the defense sucking as much as it did, why give them a full field and an extra 3-4 minutes of clock to give up a touchdown? Make it quick. The failed onside kick accomplished that.

It would be a different story if the Steelers were, say, 9-5, but they're not. And even though this game probably won't have any lasting implications, it was nice to see a win after a month-and-a-half of some dreadful football.

New commenting system: 1-0!