Friday, February 06, 2009

24-Hour Rule!

Just kidding. But we might as well talk about impending free agency and whatnot. The list, via the PG:

Max Starks
Bryant McFadden
Marvel Smith

Nate Washington

Chris Kemoeatu

Trai Essex

Charlie Batch

Byron Leftwich

Keyaron Fox

Andre Frazier
Orpheus Roye

Mitch Berger

Fernando Bryant


It sounds like B-Mac is a priority, but I'm oddly intrigued by Leigh Bodden, too. Not in place of McFadden, but in addition to. I'm generally not a fan of the "hey, what do you think about the Steelers signing this guy!?" because, inevitably, "this guy" turns out to be too old/too expensive/too ... something. But Leigh Bodden used to be good. Not only that, Pittsburgh has an amazing track record with former Lions' castoffs. That said, I don't expect anything to come of it -- there are plenty of teams with CB needs and they'll certainly throw some coin Bodden's way -- just thinking out loud.

As for free-agent priorities, I'm hoping for something like this: B-Mac, Max, and Nate. Chaz will also be back, I'm guessing, and I'm guessing the team will find a way to sign some of the special teams talent. (This does not include Mitch Berger. Obviously.) I was indifferent to Kemoeatu for most of the year, but I really soured on him during the postseason.

Then, of course, there are a crapload of guys with just one year left on their current deals:

James Harrison
Hines Ward
Brett Keisel
Heath Miller
Ryan Clark

Jeff Reed

Casey Hampton
Deshea Townsend

Larry Foote