Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Things That Make a Lot of Sense...

... and when I say a lot, I mean, not at all. Okay, when the Steelers attended Kevin Jones' workout a few weeks ago, I got that; Dale Lolley mentioned that one of the Steelers scouts lives in the area and figured he'd just stop in. Fine.

But now, the Steelers heart Kevin Jones and vice versa, and it could come down to him getting a contract. Really? The first thought that popped into my head: maybe Fast Willie isn't as fully recovered as everybody thought. Or maybe Kevin Jones > Gary Russell > Najeh Davenport.

Fine, I suppose, but like a lot of fans, I'd prefer to see what Russell can't do with my own two eyes before they cut him. Of course, nobody in the front office gives a crap about what I think -- and, more importantly, there isn't any indication that the team is thinking about cutting Russell. But, jeebus, if Pittsburgh is seriously considering signing Jones, nothing would be off-limits, I'd think.

In less insane news, training camp is 12 days away.