Thursday, June 26, 2008

We've Reached the Busiest Point in the NFL Schedule

Hello, my name is Ryan Wilson. Not much Steelers-related goings-on, but Big Ben did have some swell things to say about Willie Reid and Dallas Baker. I'm a Reid apologist, and maybe this is the year he finally gets it. That said, if Baker's good enough to make the team, he should.

But assuming Reid earns the kick-return job, is there any way the Steelers keep six receivers on the final 53? Don't we have this conversation every summer? It doesn't seem completely implausible. Plus, it follows Tomlin's new-fangled "how to improve the offensive line" philosophy: stack the field with skill position players.

In completely unrelated news: so, anybody give a crap about Terry Bradshaw admitting to using steroids? Should the Steelers of the '70s and '80s now be lumped in with the modern-day Patriots? Honestly, I haven't given it much thought, but I just can't muster the energy to be outraged. Maybe after I get the backstory, I'll feel differently (or maybe after one of you explains the particulars), but for now, I got nothing.