Friday, October 05, 2007

Gut Check Time (or Some Such Silliness)


Okay, folks, I can take a hint -- new thread. You know, when I quit my regular 9-to-5, I was under the impression I would have all this time to write. The sixth-month-old disagrees. Whatever, it is what it is. And in the span of two weeks, things could go from looking particularly rosy ("undefeated season!") to dire ("we're 3-2!?!").

At the beginning of the week, I wasn't so much worried about the Cards loss, but after looking at Seattle's stats through four weeks, I'm a little more concerned about Sunday. At full strength, I'd be a lot more comfortable, but every team goes through injuries, and for the Steelers, that time is now. I get that, but potentially losing Hampburglar and Polamalu is about the worst thing that could happen.

Good news, though: Santonio Holmes is kicking ass, so there's that.