Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Bags Are Packed

After more than two years, four million words, and at least three cogent points, this post will be my last one at Heels, Sox & Steelers. I appreciate everybody who stopped by these last 25 months (all seven of you), as well as all the inane discussions into the minutiae of Chris Hope's personality, Manny Ramirez's insanity, Rashad McCants's robot-likeness, and Duke/Yankees/Ravens suckiness.

I will now open a new chapter in my life, one that allows me to pursue my true passion: shepherd herding. Again many thanks.

PS. I will reconsider if I can raise, well, let's say $2,000 this weekend so I can buy a plasma TV for the upcoming baseball season. Just putting that out there.

PPS. If you haven't figured it out yet, this is my oh-so-witty attempt at an April Fool's joke, except that I suspect the joke's really on me. Yeah, I know it's only March 31st, but given what you know, is that at all surprising? I didn't think so. Seriously, I have no plans of going anywhere (I'm just like Skip Bayless, cockroaches and rashes -- I just won't go away), and the only reason I came up with this hair-brained post was because there's virtually nothing going on worth discussing.

Well, except that Tyler Hansbrough will be back in Chapel Hill for at least one more season.

And Julian Tavarez got suspended for 10 days even though Bob Watson, head of the MLB Catfight Enforcement Team, didn't have any video upon which to base the punishment (I guess when you're dealing with a player who's been with seven teams in eight seasons, and who's already been suspended something like 40 times, it's not a hard call to make).

And oh yeah, Mike Holmgren's still a big baby. Dude, let it go. Either that or get one of those headsets that comes with a built in pacifier. One or the other.

And finally, I hope George Mason wins it all. I know they beat Carolina, but if it comes down to picking a team that beat UNC earlier in the tournament and picking against Billy Packer, well, I think you know how this one ends.

Okay, back Monday.