Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Yep, I'm an Idiot

Before leaving for North Carolina for the holiday weekend, I posted the "Losers Picking Winners" stuff and headed south. I got back Sunday afternoon, and slapped up the usual "I'll be too tired to write after the game, but please leave comments" post. And yesterday, I recapped the Steelers - Browns game. Three posts, five days, and no comments. From anybody. Yeah, I admit I was wondering if everyone just quit reading all at once, or if there was some worldwide moratorium on reading marginal sports weblogs that nobody told me about.

Well, thank god for Eric. He emailed me last night to let me know that the comments were wacky. And after checking my Haloscan account, I found that I had somehow turned on the "awaiting moderation" feature. So I had something like 30 comments in the queue, awaiting my moderation. The thing is, I have no recollection of expressing interest in (much less activating) the moderation thing. But like I told Eric, I'm sure this was much more a function of my constant battle against the evils of everyday stupidity than anything else. And if not for Eric's email, I'm guessing I'd still be wondering how long this worldwide moratorium would last.

So in case you were wondering, that's what happened. And for future reference, if something seems a little wacky on the site, it was probably inadvertent, and you'd be well-advised to email me because chances are, I probably didn't catch it, since, well, I really have no idea what's going on. In any event, I plan on answering a lot of the questions raised in the comments (formerly known as "awaiting moderation") tomorrow. Right now, I have to go throw some garbage in Tommy Maddox's yard in preparation for this weekend's performance. (I'm kidding. I plan on throwing garbage at the team bus ... they will be in the greater DC area this weekend and it'll save me a trip to western PA).