Friday, May 14, 2004

It's probably good that T.O. went to Philly
Yesterday's Baltimore Sun has some quotes from the always loquacious Ray Lewis. Suffice it to say that Terrell Owens won't be missed in Baltimore.
Lewis on having to face Owens after actively trying to persuade him to join the Ravens: "What did he do against us when he was in San Francisco? What's the difference if he's in a Philly uniform?

"If I'm correct, he might have had two to three catches at best. So with my defense right now, there are not too many people we are going to give that much respect to. He's a guy we've already handled.

"You can have an individual be a superstar if he wants to, but if they don't believe in your chemistry, it will never work. That's one of the main reasons why I think Terrell Owens saw he wouldn't fit it. We're a family."
Ray Ray also had some thoughts on how the Cleveland Browns will fare in 2004:
"I don't disrespect Cleveland, but Cleveland just doesn't have enough right now. That's as simple as it gets. It's a lot of togetherness that you have to go through before you reach great, even before you reach good as a team. Just by having big names over there means nothing. I saw Jeff Garcia, and he's done nothing against us."
The Browns are used to this kind of stuff, but if I'm TO I somehow find a way to pull a hamstring the week of the Ravens game because Lewis thinks he has yet to reach his potential:
"This season is going to be scary because it is probably going to be one of my best seasons ever," Lewis said. "When you are dealing with my shape, my mentality and everything I'm believing in right now, my thing is to be the greatest ever - not linebacker, [but] greatest ever."
Yikes.

Send me an Email