Monday, March 01, 2004

McCants has a Big Game against NC State
"Yeah, I heard all that. I love it. Stare at me, try to psyche me out. I'm too strong mentally for that. And they didn't have much to say at the end."
-Rashad McCants,who scored 22 points, commenting on how he was unaffected by both Julius Hodge's trash-talking and the raucous fans at the RBC Center.

Adam Lucus writes in more vivid detail about how intenese this rivalry really is.

David Ortiz accomplishes Goal before the Season even Starts
I guess it's important to aim high. This is from today's Boston Herald:

"It always helps to set a goal, and David Ortiz reached one during batting practice. After days of egging each other on, Ortiz impressed himself and batting-practice mates Millar, Manny Ramirez and Jason Varitek by launching a missile that landed approximately 100 feet beyond the right field fence. The ball shattered the right tail light of a green Oldsmobile Intrigue, one of about 20 cars at which the players had taken aim.
'I told them I was feeling strong today,' Ortiz said.
One ball hit and shattered the windshield of media relations savant Peter Chase's car."
Bettis is Back
The Steelers will probably announce today that Jerome Bettis will be back for one more season at a restructured salary of $1 million.