Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Be like Mike...Logan
Safety Mike Logan re-signed last week with the Steelers and by all accounts it was a good move for both sides. What's more important (and maybe more telling) is the reason Logan decided to stay in Pittsburgh even though he was being heavily recruited by the Green Bay Packers -- his loyalty to the team. And the loyalty Logan felt the Steelers had to him.

Being from Pittsburgh probably didn't hurt either, but there are more instances than not when a hometown boy skips out for the big paycheck somewhere else. In a time when people like Terrell Owens and Ty Law spend more time soapboxing about the injustices they have endured (who can live on $7 million a year, anyway?), it's refreshing to see players like Mike Logan make decisions based on loyalty first.

I haven't even mentioned the fact that Logan will again be a big part of a defensive backfield that is a cornerback away from being very, very good.

Here's what Logan said when he first signed with the Steelers in 2001 and I think it says a lot about who this guy is:
"My agent called and told me the Steelers wanted to talk to me," said Logan. "I was just, let's go, let's go sign. I don't even care what they're offering. I just wanted to get it done."